hessische Film- und Medienakademie
The Hessen Film and Media Academy (hFMA) is a network of 13 institutes of higher education in Hesse: 4 universities, 5 universities of applied sciences and 4 art colleges with a total of around 70 areas of study.
The four designated colleges for film education are:
- Mediencampus der Hochschule Darmstadt, Dieburg
- Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach
- Hochschule RheinMain, Wiesbaden
- Kunsthochschule Kassel
The hFMA was founded in 2007 in order to increase the quality of teaching, research and production for the more advanced semesters within the network.
The hFMA promotes contact and exchange between the affiliated 13 institutes, their students and the media industry and offers:
- Provision of information on study opportunities via the hFMA web portal
- Further cross-university offerings such as workshops, seminars and projects
- Linking of courses offered by different universities, where structurally or thematically appropriate
- Implementation of topic-related discussion events, conferences, theme days
- Presentation of Hessian university productions at events such as the Berlinale
- Initiation of collaborations with partners from the industry, such as festivals